Saturday, July 22, 2006

Yesterday afternoon. Thursday. At about five p.m. A severe thunderstorm came rolling through the Fort Green vicinity and let me say this: NEVER IN MY LIFE have I EVER experienced a storm like that. And I'm originally from the Midwest with tornadoes and thunder and floods every spring, but THIS was different. I was nervous. I was speechless. I locked myself in the bathroom, kneeled on the floor and just waited and hoped and thought: WHAT IS GOING ON? I felt endangered. The lightening was INTENSE. Extremely intense. I could hear the voltage. I could hear it hitting nearby buildings [including mine that resulted in a bright red glow somewhere outside my kitchen window. And the thunder: it was explosive. It sounded like a nuclear war. IT WAS NO JOKE. It was APOCALYPTIC.

Three weeks ago, my dad called and said a storm had passed through Cincinnati that shook the house. He said, NEVER in his life had he experienced a storm like that. And at that time I remember thinking if my dad is commenting on a storm's intensity then it must have been rare and wild. Then just last week, my agent Steve Simons from Los Angeles called me for some normal update and within his brief conversation told me he was in NYC for a play and got caught in the most violent storm he ever experienced. [And he said he was raised on the East Coast and he doesn't remember anything as violent as that]. A few years ago, one of my aunts said there was no global warning [or a hole in the ozone]. She said it was the devil and Jesus was the only true answer to fight the falsity of global warming. And I remember thinking: Oh, people are so disconected from the earth. And that's going to be their downfall when Greenland starts melting and the polar beers start drowning and when one of the most violent storms in the history of NYC sends a neo-bohemian brother to the bathroom in refuge.

All I have to say is: LIVE, LOVE and don't be surprised by anything. It was a 120 degrees in South Dakota last week; and 112 in St. Louis a few days ago... Don't be alarmed; just PREPARE and go see INCONVENIENT TRUTH.

Until next time,

Keith

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger DIGABLE-POET said...

Silk_worm... Hey. I think the best thing to do is get yourself a disaster kit [it's sort of like your shield as you go out into your world and try to make changes.] It's my understanding things will get a bit more intense in the next few years so it's better to have some batteries and canned food on hand while you're riding your bike more, eating food grown from the earth... a few friends of mine are actually using vegetable oil instead of gasoline for their cars.
And bombard the White House with letters and emails addressing concern about global warming.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Alexander said...

Just so you know Global means...Global.
It's been record breaking hot in London everyday for the past month...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home