Thursday, July 20, 2006

In the last few weeks I've been overwhelmed with living and not able to subscribe to the scribbing of my day to day. It was hot. For a good week. A few days it reached 100 degrees and one day I saw lightening touch down less than 60 feet away. Oh, then I moved, to Fort Greene, BROOKLYN. My new apartment is much much better. I feel like I have an apartment as opposed as living in the basement of somebody's home like some second-cousin in transition between jobs or wives or a pack of Winstons. However, I have discovered I have the most recently renovated apartment in the 8-unit building [and the nicest] and I'm not sure how well that sits with the tenants who've been eager to tell me they've been living here since 1983 and that Zipper or Bipper Revels or some such mystery man lived in my apartment for a "long time" and of course I quickly just removed myself from the insanity by a gentle "Well, it's nice to meet you."

Fort Greene is cool. The convenience and trees are heaven-sent. However, it's becoming quite a haven for happy 9 to 5 hetero-couples and mothers with high-end strollers. Gone are the days of the bohemian hippy artist [neo-soul or indie blonde] amock in Fort Greene. Things are becoming very resolved and nicely packaged in the latest Abercrombie and/or Essence flavor. Which is all good, but it doesn't ring of progressiveness and open-mindedness. Dare I say things feel a bit "hip yet conservative".

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home