Thursday, May 25, 2006

I've finally made my move to Brooklyn, New York!

And I must admit it has been a whirlwind of transition and adjustment. Yes, I needed to leave the lethargy-friendly skies of Los Angeles. Yes, I needed to continue a journey that's pillowed in creative inspiration and intellectual stimulation. Yes, I had done all the growing I could do out there in the desert and I don't regret one moment of it. Yes, Yes, Yes. But I didn't realize I'd miss that GREAT people I met in Los Angeles. And there were some notables: Reggie, Charles, Karin, Broaddus, Cesar, Regina... [and to be 2 hours away from Hortense, damn what a treat]. But I didn't realize that time wouldn't permit to say my big goodbyes before catching the 6:30 am Delta flight from LAX to JFK. And that's a bit disheartening. But... I'll return for business and/or pleasure [probably in the next few weeks] and I'm certain I'll see more of those notables now than I did when I actually lived five minutes away. But that's life and I'm sentimental. And if I didn't have a detachable leg that I can pull off to beat my own ass into a reality-check, I could easily become a puddle of boo-hoo on a daily. So like my fictional Uncle James-Jimmy says, "Thank God for detachable legs!"

Interesting note: Upon my return to NYC, literally that same day, my friend and actress-supertalent Donna Duplaniter had a birthday dinner. And who was in attendance you ask? All ex-Angelinos with testimonies to share. It was a nice way to christen this new leg of my journey.

I tell you, loving yourself enough to keep discovering yourself is such the grace, such the Gift.

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home