Saturday, June 03, 2006

I've been BUSY. Between transitioning back into New York City, working on a writing deadline with a June 7 due date and trying to figure out if my landlord walking like an elephant over my head is something I should tolerate, I've had little time to blog.

I won't stay long, but I will fill you in on a few things. My very good friend and fellow playwright DIANA SON has written a wonderful new play called SATELLITES currently playing at the Public Theater. Diana invited me to the final dress rehearsal and it looks great. I really appreciate Diana. Not only does she write these economically yet impacting plays, she also ALWAYS writes plays that feature multi-ethnic casts and storylines. And that's just not my kudos, many actors say the same thing about her work.

In SATELLITES, Diana has probed into the world of gentrification in Brooklyn and race and expectation and loyalty and alliance and a new baby that seems to throw everything and -one into a tailspin. Check it out!

My play HOLLIS MUGLEY'S ONLY WISH will be produced at the HIP HOP THEATER FESTIVAL on Wednesday June 21 in NYC. If you're in town, check it out. It stars my good friend Jimmie Woody and is minimally directed by Obie Winner Robert O'Hara.

Well, that's all for now. I need to get some more writing done before I fall deep into a comfy sleep.

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home