Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's cold this morning. The sky is clear, the sun is high, and it's cold. Interesting enough, I had a great sleep. I actually woke up at 9:30 am. That's a first for me. I'm a crack of dawn, up with the birds, type of guy. Eager to begin productivity; eager to drink my first glass of water and toast a multi-grain waffle.

But this morning I seemed more eager to nestle in the comfort of my bed. Maybe the snorer above fell into his drunken stupor somewhere besides his bedroom; maybe the steady rain that poured yesterday evening for a good hour left some poppy-like sleep dust in the Brooklyn air; maybe my late very cherry chip soy dessert had me cruising from a sugar high in my slumber and I crashed somewhere around dawn between the dream a floating children and women with mammoth-sized afros, and 9:30 was the time my body finally regained its steam. Whatever the culprit: I'm up, rested, and ready to take on the cold streets of New York City.

Today is fish market day.

Until next time,

Keith

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Nicole J. Butler said...

Hi Keith. Pleasant surprise to stumble upon your path here in cyberspace. I'll plop down in the easy chair while you're at the fish market.

Make mine Tilapia! ;o)

--Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home