Friday, December 29, 2006

Paris. Wow. I must say, after five hours of this city I can easily say it is truly spectacular. Cold as hell, but absolutely a true city. The French language is a bit intimidating, but I'm loving it. Paris pulsates with lives lived and cherished and taken seriously.

But this blog isn't really about Paris. It's about the Polish dental assistant in London. I've been thinking about her a lot since I received the root canal therapy. I've been thinking about her dark hair, her thin frame, her smile. And her natural compassion. While the dentist was sticking four needles into my gum, she held my hand. A simple gesture. But rare nevertheless. I was squirming and whimpering and suddenly out of nowhere, a calm warm hand slipped between my spasmic one and offered me comfort. I will never forget her. I thank her. The Polish girl with the compassionate hand.

Back to Paris.

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home