Wednesday, December 20, 2006

One thing.

I finished the rewrite of my play.

The first big step in my journey toward personal and professional simplicity. Over the years I've spent a lot of time making things difficult and complicated. And in the end, it's only left me frustrated and lost. I was one of those guys who actually thought simple was synonymous with dumb. But I tell you, finding simplicity is just as hard. If not harder.

I celebrated with a late lunch at my favorite foodie Quantum Leap. The salmon chowder was amazing. From there I had dinner with my playwright-friend Judy Tate at 44 & 10 in Hell's Kitchen. It's a cool, somewhat pricey spot on 10th Avenue and 44th Street that has amazing service. I had the crisp seabass in a mussel saffron sauce. Judy had the black grouper. We sat there smacking each other most of the evening. I like 44 and 10. There was a bartender working last week named Tyler who still has me spinning about using mathematics to navigate life: something about numbers and the more yeses you say to life ultimately your life with produce a yes... something like that. I have to go back when he's working again. I was on my second glass of Pinot Noir so maybe my info intake may be a bit... weak.

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home