Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Last night I saw LIFE SUPPORT featuring Queen Latifah and Wendell Pierce. Wow. I kept repeating to myself: this is good. this is so real. she [Latifah] is so good.

Life Support centers around a HIV-positive woman struggling to rebalance her new inspired life and the drug life she's left behind. It's difficult for her because she's hurt so many people during her drug years, and they're having a hard time forgiving her [particularly her teen daughter] for the betrayal and abandonment.

This film touched me in so many ways: specifcially my own experience with a formerly-addicted sibling.

The performances were understated and full of breath and just plain good. Nelson George did an amazing job directing this film. In my opinion, this film deserves much praise, and it certainly establishes Queen Latifah as a true artist. She delivers.

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home