Monday, February 26, 2007

The Oscars.

For the first time in many years I was entertained by the Oscar production. It's casualness. Ellen Degeneres. The performance art and Cirque de Soleil quality. It was truly a breath of fresh air!

I'm very excited that Forest Whitaker won for best actor. He has always been one of my favorite actors. His talent and commitment has always been worthy of any praise [BIRD and THE CRYING GAME]. And I look forward to so much more. Hell, I'd love to work with him. Mmm. I WILL work with him. And I got a feeling VERY SOON!

Although I was routing for Rinko Kukuchi or Adriana Barazza for best supporting actress [their work in Babel was real and truthful and captured a heart-breaking humanity], I am happy for Jennifer Hudson. I wish her much success.

But I certainly wanted Pan's Labyrinth to take home BEST FOREIGN FILM. It's my kind of story and filmmaking. I look forward to more of Guillermo del Toro's originality.

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home