Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm not usually a celebrity-chaser or nor do I care about who's who in the latest Hollywood bullshit circus, but certain celebs I feel a kindred bond. Heath Ledger is one of them. He's up there with my adoration of genuine screen artists like Forest Whitaker, Don Cheadle, Cate Blanchett, Sophie Okonedo and Ryan Gosling.

Heath Ledger impressed me with his visceral and vulnerable performance in Monster's Ball; his brave and singular performance in Brokeback Mountain, and his witty exploration in Cassanova. If Heath Ledger was cast in something I knew I would be treated to what makes filmmaking doubly-great -- committed and courageous actors.

Needless to say, the news of his death was simply sad.

But I am so thankful for his work as an artist and his commitment to exploring his humanness. I hope others continue and/or begin to do the same.

Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home