Friday, August 17, 2007

Horton and Who-Ville.

For some reason I woke up this morning thinking about Horton of Doctor Seuss-land and how he was the only one who could hear the people of Who-Ville screaming beneath the dust speck, WE ARE HERE. WE ARE HERE. WE ARE HERE!!!

Maybe Horton was the first real humanitarian I ever experienced. The first real reflection of myself. Ridiculed, ostracisized for wanting to exert imagination within a powerless community, but still determined to put his life on the line and insist that every experience and every person [even if they live within a dust speck] deserves to be heard. Deserves to have a life.

Share the memory of Horton and his Dust Speck.


Until next time,

Keith

p.s. As I was searching for a link to the classic Horton, I discovered there's a movie with Jim Carrey coming out in March 2008. I think there must be some universal need for Horton and his persistence.
HORTON HEARS A WHO, THE MOVIE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home