Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm finally back from NYC. And I must say, I was dreading the return to the land of perpetual sun and endorphines.
The decision has been made: I'm moving back to NYC in the next eight weeks. No joke. Oh, and I'm moving to Brooklyn.
Yes it snowed and rained and the wind blew and it was cold and also warm and the black population is vanishing in Manhattan. [I would walk for BLOCKS and see NOT ONE face engineered with the seeds of the African diaspora]. And yes, that disturbs me and concerns me and saddens me. And the city has become a lot more polished and corporate, but as long as I'm nestled deep in Brooklyn, embraced by its weak yet steady diversity and its cultural and artistic energy I will be fine and inspired and ready for war, whatever this globe deems necessary for me to fight for my right to be ALIVE and participate in this thing called LIVING. But it is in NYC where I NEED to be. WANT to be. WILL BE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home