Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm still in Brooklyn. And loving it. Besides the blister on the bottom of my right foot [i haven't walked like this is five years], I'm happy and feeling rejuvenated and feeling at home. Mmm. Home? Yeh, folks, looks like I may be moving back to NYC! Well, I guess when you have real estate brokers looking for roomy apartments in the Fort Greene/Clinton Hill area of Brooklyn you might as well say you're pretty much moving back.

Come on, who can resist on-going cultural stimulation, good friends who think and have passion and drive, and my favorite restaurant Quantum Leap, and the near-fight between a 60 year old woman and a twenty five year old younger woman, and the big goofy Irish cat singing "Pretty Black Woman" to the unenthused Puerto Rican sister behind the counter at Sprint, and some amazingly talented actors who make the reading of your new play sound like scripture [thanks Myra Lucretia Taylor and Keith Randolph Smith and director Liesl Tommy], and an associate artistic director of a major theater who applauds your "growing, stronger, energized writing", and the rain and the rats and the 14 year old kid who tells his mother to shut up because she's talking too loud and she does shut up and he continues explaining his argument for attending Clown School in Paris, and the slow running C Train, and the heroine addict who simply wanted somebody to cream cheese her bagel, all wrapped tightly under one of the most exciting cities in the history of mankind.

Oh... at this very moment... it's SNOWING!

I'll keep you posted. And I'll touch base again when I'm back in Los Angeles.

Meanwhile, check out my Radio Interview with the National Public Radio affiliate in San Francisco/Berkeley. My long-time friend Kevin Cartwright interviewed me last Saturday about August Wilson and the current state of theater and black folk.


Until next time,

Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home