Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Well, finally... Yes, I've decided to be courageous enough and begin blogging my life to the cyberworld. For those of you who know me [and for those who don't] I'm about to introduce myself... so, be patient and enjoy the litany:

The name is Keith Josef Adkins. I'm an Ohio-born and -bred brother [we'll talk about the pros and cons of that later]. Cincinnati to be specific. And to be even more specific, I grew up in the Village of Woodlawn—a predominately working-class African-American suburb, 15 miles north of Cincinnati, population 3500.

I'm three fourths Catholic and one quarter Baptist [at least I was raised that way]. I'm half light-skinned and half dark-skinned. I'm half free-radical spirit and half Boy Next Door. But I'm full-blooded artist with a trace of neo soul hippy behind the ears, and sometimes I get this crazy jonz for American history.

I'm a writer of plays, poetry, TV and now I'm embarking into crafting story for the screen. I've lived in Dayton, Ohio, New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Oakland, Iowa City, Iowa, back to New York City then back to Los Angeles [where I'm currently residing in the Wilshire Vista District [that's near some damn good Ethiopian grub and a whole lot of gentrifying].

I have to be honest with you: I have a tendancy to slip and tell my truth every now and then... so don't be surprised if I get all wild and crazy and politcal and anti-this and anti-that and then scream and shout about religion, national leadership, my brother's convertible Corvette, film, and how damn good my daddy can cook!

In all sincerity... I welcome you to my blog. I hope we can begin a discourse on life, on living, on being and on moving our worlds into a healthier, more honest and dare I say EMPOWERED sphere.

Until next time...

Keith

6 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Nichelle D. Tramble said...

Love it. I look forward to waking up and reading what's on your mind. preach!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Nicole J. Butler said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I look forward to hearing about your triumphs, trials, and day-to-day life as an artist. Do yo' thang, bruh!

--Nicole

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is nice. Very nice. Now, do you have any really good recipes for Collard greens or, would it be possible to post some of your daddy's in this here BLOG. Particularly recipes that don't include pork. You know I'm dealing with high blood preasure and cannot mess with that pork anymore and damm if smoke turkey necks don't give me gas.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool cuzin'. This is definately your avenue, your city, your world. Relax in your creative mind as we watch, read, laugh, listen, and learn. Yeah, do it.

Love you,
Wendy Renee

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good reading bruh! Always down to hear about your work, words and world. Make it do what it do!

Jonathan D. Wray

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith,

I have told you before that you should have your own zipcode because no one else lives where you are..... Remember that the rough is only mental...think victory and get victory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home